Published on January 3rd, 2019 | by Kirk Hiner0
Sling TV update simplifies streaming on Apple TV
Sling TV has started out the new year with a new user interface for Apple TV devices. The new UI features an updated guide that provides a more content-centric experience with better control over how you manage your favorite channels and more information about shows available to watch.
As announced via Sling’s blog, the full list of new features includes:
- Updated Guide – The grid guide will now show a photo preview and information about a show before you click to watch, and filters have moved to the left side of the screen.
- More Show Info – The information view now has images and displays details about other available seasons when you scroll through content.
- Ribbon Management – Now instead of scrolling through content to get to the “Manage” buttons for Favorite Channels, Recordings and Continue Watching, you can select the icon at the beginning of these rows for easy access.
- Carousel – Rows cycle back to the beginning cycling through them.
- Selection Color – A blue outline helps you identify where you are when browsing through the ribbon.
- Remote Capabilities – Tapping the touchpad on your Siri Remote will now allow you to view more information and will bring up player controls for the show.
These UI updates are currently available to Apple TV users only, but will soon roll out to other devices.
The Sling TV app is available for download from the Apple TV App Store. The service has been available on Apple TV since June of 2016 and currently starts at $25.00 a month. For more information and to set up a 7-day trial, visit sling.com.