Published on February 14th, 2019 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, February 14th, 2019
It’s Valentine’s Day, and you know what that means…indie horror films and collectible dolls! Other new Apple TV apps this week feature spring screensavers and gaming tips. Update highlights include new NASCAR season content in Real Racing 3 and a makeover for YogaGlo.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- L.O.L. Surprise (free) – All kinds of streaming content for the L.O.L. Surprise collectible dolls. Expect plenty of hashtags and unboxing videos.
- AlexTFG Gameplays (free) – Watch someone else play video games, and maybe learn some hacks and tips along the way.
- Spring Shades (free) – Get into the season of rebirth with these HD looped videos of flowers, spring sprouts, and green fields.
- EPIX Now – Watch TV & Movies (free) – We broke the story of this app’s release this weekend, so check out our article for the details on this movie and TV streaming app.
- Watchio ($9.99) – Browse and play public domain content from your Put.io account.
- BingeHorror (free) – Tired of all the unnecessary remakes of Halloween? Watch free, indie horror movies instead.
- Nest (free) – The Nest home automation app has been updated to improve live video playback and fix an issue where video history was not playing correctly for some users.
- Real Racing 3 (free) – The fifth NASCAR update for the “definitive racing experience” from Electronic Arts includes the NASCAR 2019 Chevy NASCAR, Toyota NASCAR, and Ford Mustang NASCAR series, along with the 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast, race team events, weekly time trials, and an all-new time trial competition featuring the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.
- Toon Shooters 2 (free) – An side-scrolling shooter “shmup” inspired by the likes of Gradius, R-Type, and Salamander. Supports MFi controllers and co-op play.
- Glo – Yoga and Meditation (free) – YogaGlo is now Glo. The name change comes with a fresh look and new opportunities to enhance your well-being through mat pilates and audio meditation.