Published on September 6th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, September 6th, 2018
The NFL season-opening kickoff is today, so make sure you’ve got the latest app update. We’ve also got new apps for lovers of philosophy, mathematics, food, cartoons, and Halloween.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Rene Descartes ($1.99) – Philosopher, mathematician, tvOS app. Two bucks gets you a look into Descartes’ work and “… shows why he deserves a place in history as one of the great philosophers and mathematicians.”
- OmNom Stories (free) – From the Cut the Rope games to his own cartoon, OmNom’s adventures are now available on Apple TV. Features some fun interactions along with the cartoons.
- Galileo Galilei by Ventura ($1.99) – Why should Descartes have all the fun?
- America’s Test Kitchen TV (free) – Access full episodes of America’s Test Kitchen as well as Cook’s Country, Kitchen Smarts, What’s Eating Dan and more. A great resource for learning about the best new recipes, techniques, ingredients, and equipment.
- Halloween Flix (free) – Get your fix of horror films for Halloween while also learning how to create costumes and makeup effects. Learn more in our recent coverage.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Viki: Asian TV Dramas & Movies (free) – Now that you’ve seen and loved Crazy Rich Asians it’s time to increase your exposure to Asian entertainment. Unique in that the subtitling is provided by the Viki community.
- Sweat: Kayla Itsines Fitness (free) – “…fast track your journey to Bikini Body Confidence,” says the app description. It also says that Kayla Itsines, Sjana Elise Earp and Kelsey Wells will help women “…live their best life through health and fitness.” It’s a very comprehensive program.
- NFL (free) – Here are the updates ahead of tonight’s season-opening kickoff: “Eligible subscribers of AT&T U-verse, Charter, Cox, DirecTV, Optimum, Verizon FiOS, DISH, and many more providers can watch live, local and national games on CBS, FOX, NBC and NFL Network. Game Pass users can replays of every game, never missing any of the action.” Also be sure to check out our definitive Apple TV guide to watching NFL 2018.
- Facebook (free) – Mostly bug fixes, but also some much-needed video playback improvements. Kind of important, being on a TV and all.
- Waterfall and Stream HD ($1.99) – Because sometimes you just want your living room to remind you of the decor of your Dentist’s office. Updated with improved video and user interface.