Published on February 13th, 2018 | by Brad Gibson0
Alto’s Odyssey for Apple TV goes on pre-order before February 22 release
Software developer Snowman confirmed Monday that Alto’s Odyssey, the official sequel to the snowboard journey Alto’s Adventure, will be launching on the Apple TV App Store on Thursday, February 22 and is now available for pre-order for $4.99.
The news of its release comes after the company announced last August that the game would be delayed due to production issues.
“Originally, when we settled on the new setting and themes for Odyssey, we formed a picture of how this new adventure would feel and play,” the company said in an online statement on its website. “As we approached our initial Summer 2017 release date, though, we knew as a group that we had more to give to the game to make it the experience we envisioned — that players deserved. We’re firm believers that it takes longer to build things right, and so we made the tough decision to extend development. We’re so proud of the game we’re releasing this month, and think the extra time has given us the chance to bring players a world that feels even more alive and responsive.”
In anticipation of the planned release, Snowman debuted its final launch trailer for the game.
The official list of features includes:
- A standalone experience—Alto’s Odyssey is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure, but you don’t need to have played one to enjoy the other.
- Easy to learn, difficult to master—At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete 180 goals, all with intuitive controls.
- Explore Biomes—From the dunes, to the canyons, to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
- Newfound heights—Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, and wall riding.
- Master the elements—In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms and shooting stars, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
- Meet Alto and friends—Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
- Zen Mode—Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
- Photo Mode—From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pinch, swipe, pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.
- Original music and handcrafted audio—Headphones recommended!
The game lets users play on the iPhone, iPad, iPod and the fourth or fifth-generation Apple TV with continuous syncing through iCloud and includes no in-game advertising or in-app purchases.
Customers will not be charged for ordering until the game is officially released for download.