Published on December 26th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
Just Dance Now via Apple TV at your New Year’s parties
Whether you just got an Apple TV for Christmas for you’ve had one for a while now, one of the better ways to get some active use out of it is with Just Dance Now. This “mobile” version of the popular console party/exercise game is perfectly playable on Apple TV, and anyone with a smartphone can join in on the fun.
For those who don’t know, Ubisoft’s Just Dance is a party game in which players select from a wide variety of songs and then mimic the dance moves of the characters on the screen. It’s fun even for those who aren’t likely to be hitting an actual dance floor and anytime soon, and by getting you up and active in front of the TV, the game can end up providing you with a pretty intense workout if you’ll stick with it.
Just Dance Now can be played in instant (dance to your favorite songs in just a few taps) or social modes (party with 10, 100, or 1,000 around the world). You can create custom playlists so that only the songs you enjoy are featured, and HealthKit integration allows you to see how many total calories you burned directly on your HealthKit dashboard.
Speaking of songs, you can get access to over 400, including 40 from the Just Dance 2018 console game:
- “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
- “Shape Of You” by Ed Sheeran
- “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars
- “Naughty Girl” by Beyoncé
- “Another One Bites the Dust” by Queen
- and plenty more
However, you don’t get instant access to all of them just by download the free app. Just Dance Now gives you two ways to play:
- If you tend to play it in short bursts, you can wait for your coins to regenerate to play more songs.
- You can instead purchase a VIP pass for a duration of 24 hours, 1 month, 3 months, or 1 year to access the full Just Dance Now experience. You’ll get unlimited access to the entire catalog of songs and be able to host an unlimited number of dance sessions for the duration of your pass. So, if you’re looking to entertain guests just for an evening, the 24-hour pass will do. If you want to keep the party going even after everyone’s left (or if you just tend to host that many dance parties), subscribe for a full year.
Just Dance Now has been updated with new songs and a new shop experience, so grab it now for free to get ready for New Year’s. You’ll know by the 31st whether you want the VIP pass and for how long. For more information, visit www.justdancenow.com.