Published on June 23rd, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
Ride the Dark Wave on your Apple TV
A lot of great iOS games have worked their way over to Apple TV, but how many of those were actually designed with the Apple TV in mind? Such is the case with the newly released Dark Wave from Semidome, Inc.
Dark Wave is a slickly designed, smoothly animated game of obstacle avoidance. I’d say it’s kind of a cross between Turbo and Marble Madness, but I imagine most of you don’t go back far enough to know what that means. So, I’ll show you:
Basically, you steer your way through constantly shifting and winding road, avoiding the dangers it tosses your way:
In the race to the top, you will encounter many enemies. Some roll around unpredictably due to the wave, others follow a certain pattern. Some can damage you from afar, others hit you directly.
Dark Wave features:
- 50 levels spread across five chapters, each of which introduces a range of new enemies
- An endless mode that can be unlocked by finishing the game
- No ads and no in-app purchases to interfere with gameplay
- Sync your progress between your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV via iCloud
- Full localization for English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, German, Italian, Dutch, Korean, Portuguese and Russian
Regarding the Apple TV version, the developers state:
In addition to mobile devices, Dark Wave offers a full experience for your living room. Every decision from controls, to menus, to level design has been made with Apple TV in mind, and, best of all, it works perfectly with Siri remote that comes with every Apple TV.
That’s the kind of thing we like to hear, and Dark Wave is the kind of game we like to play. If you’d like to try it out, it’s available now in the App Store for $0.99. More information can be found at semido.me/darkwave/.