Published on April 5th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, April 5th, 2018
It’s a big week for games, as a classic board game gets taken over by the oil industry and two all-time video game favorites get updates. Fans of hockey and golf have some updating to do, and there are new apps for those interested in learning more about art, music, and dinosaurs. Click away!
New Apple TV Apps:
- OIL – It’s kind of like Battleship, except you and your opponent (local multiplayer or AI) share the same gaming space and you’re digging for oil, not sinking expensive military hardware.
- Classical Harmony – A channel that combines masterpieces of art and classical music, packaged by country or genre. Great for relaxing and learning a bit about the history of the fine arts.
- Dino Quiz 4 Kidz – It’s your children’s chance to show they’re smarter about something than you are. Dinosaur related facts and trivia will be updated every couple of months.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Monster RPG 3 – Monsters have reawakened, and two friends must find the source. Traditional turn-based combat and retro graphics combine for a nostalgic experience for JRPG fans.
- Chrono Trigger (Upgrade Ver.) – Speaking of JRPG fans, this classic has been updated with a couple of bug fixes. “Whether you’re a first-time player or a longtime fan, this epic quest to save a planet’s future promises hours of enthralling adventure!”
- Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade – This App Store “Best of 2015” award-winning action game has been updated with free supply drops and an all-new supplies screen.
- The Masters Tournament – Another update for the official app of The Masters Tournament taking place this week in Augusta, Georgia. Amongst the myriad features, users can get live video, video-on-demand, and scores on your Apple TV .
- Plex – This powerful media streaming app has been updated with the ability to rewind in-progress programming to the beginning and to fix an issue with HDR and content matching.
- Playstation VUE – My DVR replaces My Shows, program information fits better within the window and other fixes/improvements for the subscription-based on-demand programming service.
- NHL – The official app of the National Hockey League is now playoff-ready. Are you?