Published on August 16th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, August 15th, 2018
I’ve always said Minecraft would be better if it involved donuts, and now it does. Our other favorite new Apple TV apps this week involve memory improvement, cornhole, and the voyage of Charles Darwin. Some good game updates, too.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Guess Face (free) – It’s a memory game. View a face, then try to remember as many features about it as you can. GameCenter and sticker support to make sure you’re rewarded for your memory skills.
- Charles Darwin – Evolution (free) – Trace the voyage of Charles Darwin on a five-year journey aboard the HMS Beagle. Pay attention, as there will be a quiz.
- ACO Digital Network (free) – Not only is there an American Cornhole Organization, there’s also a channel for it. No word on whether you have to hold a bottle of Bud Light while watching.
- Star+Journey ($1.99) – “Use Star+Journey to solve problems, make decisions, or simply get fresh ideas about a personal challenge.” Honestly, it’s probably better at offering sage advice than I ever was.
- Donuts Go Nuts! (free) – I think it’s actually Minecraft, but mmmmmmmm. Donuts.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Sundance Now: Films & Series (free) – Any app that’s updated to no longer require you to manually log in gets a link from us.
- Escape From Chernobyl ($4.99) – Good advice, if not a bit late. The update to this rather impressive survival/horror game offers an “exploration mode” difficulty setting. You’ll need it.
- Kosmik Revenge (free) – It’s Space Invaders if Space Invaders had come with challenges. Or social features. Or color.
- Bleacher Report Live (free) – The update to this sports location/streaming app removes scores to eliminate possible spoilers. That’s actually really cool.
- 4K Photo (free) – View your photo library on your Apple TV. The update enhances the GPS EXIF detection on your photos.