Published on August 23rd, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, August 23rd, 2018
It may be too early for a Christmas Slideshow, but it’s never too early for a Rayman adventure, a Daily Burn or LEGO Star Wars. Check below for these and other highlights in our updated and new Apple TV apps roundup
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Christmas Slideshow (free) – Too early? Maybe. But we promise not to judge if you turn it on now in anticipation of the season.
- STAGE (free) – A new streaming network dedicated to Broadway and the theater arts, now in previews. For more, check out our story from this week.
- Jazz Pinball (free) – Because contrary to popular belief, not every modern pinball machine needs to involve the music AC/DC or Aerosmith.
- Doctor OLED TV (free) – A handy toolbox for OLED TV owners. Includes tests for burn-in, equal brightness, image retention and vertical banding.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Plex (free) – Seems like there’s a Plex udpate every week, so we thought we’d finally highlight it. Organize your media libraries and stream them to any device.
- Rayman Adventures (free) – Meet Candice and the new Incrediball family: the Lil’ Pops with the latest update to this platforming adventure from Ubisoft.
- Daily Burn Trainer Workouts (free) – Lose weight and/or with workouts ranging from cardio, HIIT, yoga, dance, pilates, meditation, to post-natal and more.
- Evoland 2 ($6.99) – A wonderful adventure that takes you through the evolution of video games. This updates adds Spanish localization.
- LEGO Star Wars Microfighters (free) – A racing game. In LEGOs. In the Star Wars universe. The update adds new LEGO Minifigures, new Microfighters, and new music from the Star Wars soundtracks.
- v-Cinema (free) – View the movies you have stored on external devices.