Published on July 19th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, July 19th, 2018
This week’s new Apple TV apps will help you master the art of drifting and “…flow, sweat, and savasana.” If you’re not sure what any of that means, check out the updates for Flick Fishing, Hungry Shark World, Adobe Lightroom CC TV, Ukiyo-e clock and more.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Absolute Drift ($2.99) – A minimalist but oddly compelling game centered around “the art of drifting.” Three drift modes, six cars, and a zen mode for masters. Are you ready for Driftkhana?
- Motorsport.tv (free) – Because some people would rather just watch cars drift (and do other things). “…perfect for passionate motor racing fans, car enthusiasts and general automotive consumers alike.”
- CurePower Yoga (free) – Flow, sweat, and savasana with CorePower Yoga. I have no idea what it means to savasana, but considering the back pain I’ve been dealing with for the past week, it would probably do me some good.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Flick Fishing ($2.99) – Formerly just Fish!, Flick Fishing has been updated with new custom rods that you can acquire and upgrade by reeling in a legendary fish. Like Mr. Limpet, maybe?
- TestFlight (free) – If you don’t know what TestFlight is, you don’t need it. But anyone working the app betas will want to grab the update, which offers bug fixes and stability improvements…the very things you’re testing!
- Hungry Shark World (free) – How many sharks-eat-humans games are there now? No matter. This one’s from Ubisoft, and has been updated for the 30th anniversary of Shark Week, for which it’s the official game.
- Tpsy (free) – Makes your life easier with makeup, fashion, food, pet, cocktail, travel, and decorating tips.
- Genius Kitchen (free) – You don’t need to be a genius in the kitchen, you just need to have the Genius Kitchen app. Plenty of recipes and shows with recipes to inspire and share.
- Ukiyo-e clock (free) – Combines traditional Ukiyo-e art with classical music and clock functionality. The update adds Ukiyo-e of Kitagawa Utamaro and expands device compatibility.
- Adobe Lightroom CC TV (free) – Live updates of your Lightroom collections allow you to view edits on Apple TV as they’re being made. The update improves performance for large catalogs of images.