Published on July 26th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, July 26th, 2018
Whether you’re into yoga, gaming, or watching online videos without the hassle of finding online videos, we’ve got some solid new and updated Apple TV apps for you. Other highlights include a local news streaming app and a handy way to view Facebook photos on your Apple TV.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Waking Violet ($2.99) – Not only is it a great name for a ’90s indie rock band, it’s also a classic 2D puzzle game with 42 levels to beat. Hand-drawn graphics tell the story of Violet, a shy teen trapped in her dreams. Solve puzzles to help her out.
- JumpSport Fitness TV (free) – Sweat, burn, bounce and have fun, through Barre, dance, HIIT, resistance, cardio, and yoga exercises led by certified fitness instructors.
- Keep Yoga – Meditation & Fitness (free) – It wouldn’t be a new week without a new yoga app for Apple TV. Access a 400+ exercise database with detailed descriptions and 40+ workouts designed by experts, including HIIT Core workouts, Tabata Challenge, and other workouts.
- Churchill Downs Live (free) – This one actually came out a month ago, but we want to make sure you didn’t miss it. It has live races for free from fairgrounds, Arlington, and Churchill Downs (although only Arlington currently has any live events scheduled). Unfortunately, on-demand videos are not just clips of races; videos are of an entire day’s racing, some six hours long. Viewers will need to fast-forward to the action.
- Pop Now (free) – Enjoy Pop originals including the Canadian-produced comedy Schitt’s Creek, Hollywood Darlings and classics like ER, Beverly Hills, 90210 and Without A Trace. Check our full write-up for details.
- Brik-Blox ($0.99) – We just told you about this one, too, but want to make sure retro-arcade fans didn’t miss this new take on classic Breakout-style gameplay.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Neverthink: Watch the Internet (free) – Sure, there’s a lot of entertaining content on the web, but who has the time and energy and education to find it? Let Neverthink take care of all that for you…you just sit there and stare.
- Rheo – Discover Trending Video (free) – Or let Rheo do it. Let them both. Then maybe you can find an app that’ll help you pick between Rheo’s suggestions and Neverthink’s.
- Local Now – Stream Your City (free) – News, weather, traffic updates and entertainment options for your city, provided you live in/near a supported city.
- Masblue ($1.99) – View your Facebook photos on your Apple TV. Think of all the food and feet in front of a pool/ocean/beach!