Published on May 3rd, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner1
What’s new for Apple TV, May 3rd, 2018
The Apple TV can be used to observe many things; today’s new and updated Apple TV apps roundup focuses on aquariums, the moon, and 3D Lissajous figures. If you prefer, you can also enter a Space War, shop at Sotheby’s, find your moment of Zen, or Just Dance Now.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Observing the UNIVERSE – You have to admit that the universe is a pretty cool thing to observe, provided you’re doing so from the appropriate distance. These videos from the Hubble Space Telescope make it easy.
- Aquarium & Relax – You can have your aquarium and relaxation too with this collection of 4K videos. It offers everything from fish to nature to fires, many of which can be viewed in 3D.
- Space War TV – A simple little throwback to ’80s video games.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Zen – Guided meditations, deep sleep music, binaural beats therapy, mod monitoring, reflections and mantras for health, love, happiness, deep sleep and anxiety relief. HomeKit and HealthKit compatible.
- Sotheby’s – View a comprehensive calendar of upcoming Sotheby’s auctions at their locations around the world. Search and browse through items on offer.
- Mooncast – “A simple and beautiful app to show the current phase of the moon.” You may think it sounds pointless, but this app gets very good reviews.
- Just Dance Now – Because you wouldn’t want to Just Dance Later. This game franchise that will outlast the cockroach has been updated with new songs and new ways to earn coins.
- Kanopy – Find and stream meaningful films or check out the children’s programming with Kanopy Kids. Free with your library card.
- Lowe’s TV – Hundreds of home improvement and DIY videos, as well as exclusive shows like The Weekender.
- Linoleum – Play with three-dimensional Lissajous firgures using the gyroscope of your Siri Remote. Kind of like Tempest without the gameplay or Spirograph without the plastic pieces.