Published on November 29th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, November 29th, 2018
Not much in the way of new Apple TV apps this week, but we do have some significant updates. For example, Apple’s TestFlight has been improved, Fireplace 4K is more efficient, and Barbearian has been localized for more global players.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Classic Arts Showcase (free) – Funded by the Lloyd E. Rigler – Lawrence E. Deutsch Foundation, CAS is a non-profit, non-commercial satellite channel broadcasting a variety of classic arts entertainment, including animation, choral music, dance, musical theatre, opera, theatrical plays and documentaries.
- Mossy Oak Go: Outdoor TV (free) – A vast library of online videos for those who live the outdoors lifestyle, including hunters, anglers, conservation enthusiasts, campers, hikers, and more.
Update Apple TV Apps:
- TestFlight (free) – Apple’s app-testing environment app gets an update to fix an issue where users were sometimes unable to scroll through their apps.
- Barbearian ($8.99) – This rather impressive-looking hack’n’slash features massive battles in a colorful, hand-drawn world, and it’s now localized for German, French, Japanese and simplified Chinese gamers.
- DanceTelevision (free) – 24/7 dance music channels and VOD curated by genre. Includes DJ and live sets from clubs and festivals.
- Fireplace 4K – Ultra HD Video ($2.99) – It wouldn’t be the holidays without a virtual fireplace, right? Videos are now using the H.265/HEVC Codec to reduce file size, but tvOS 11 or later is required.
- Sygic Travel Maps Offline (free) – It’s not likely you’ll need offline viewing on your Apple TV, but the app is worth checking out for its multitude of other travel-planning features.
- Real Racing 3 (free) – Race on the new Circuit of the Americas track in seven new not-of-the-Americars cars.
- Where’s My Geek? (free) – It won’t help you track your Geek Squad installation, but will help you find Mr. Spock. This seek-and-find game based on Time Geeks is best played on Apple TV, so do it.
- CBS Sports App Scores & Stats (free) – Yesterday we published an article about the lack of cohesion in the NFL team apps. Until that’s sorted out, apps like this one will suffice.