Published on October 18th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, October 18th, 2018
Hardcore into weather tracking? Wanting to learn the ukulele? We’ve got that and plenty more in today’s new Apple TV apps roundup.
In addition, a few popular games get Halloween updates, a PSP classic hits Apple TV, and fidget spinners make their return in the least likely of places. Check it out.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- RadarScope ($9.99) – “… a specialized display utility for weather enthusiasts and meteorologists that allows you view NEXRAD Level 3 and Super-Resolution radar data along with Tornado, Severe Thunderstorm, Flash Flood and Special Marine Warnings, and predicted storm tracks issued by the US National Weather Service.” You know who you are.
- SkyLand Rush – Air Raid Attack (free) – Tap to fly/shoot in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up set in the world of Skylandia. Full of traps, power-ups, guardians, and prizes to keep you rushing.
- Ukulele 101 – Getting Started ($1.99) – A series of instructional videos to set you on your way to playing that cover over “Over the Rainbow” for friends and family over and over and over again. Personally, I’d like to learn, “Has Anybody Seen My Gal?”
- Smash Puck ($1.99) – A slick looking game that combines pool, pinball, and curling into one package that’s playable with your Siri Remote. Check out our earlier coverage.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Asphalt 8: Airborne (free) – One of the more popular racing games for Apple TV gets a big Halloween update. Unlock the Ferrari 488 Pista and welcome the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé Black Series.
- No Gravity ($1.99) – The iOS version of a PSP classic on tvOS. 31 levels of fast-paced space combat action. The update fixes Mission Six.
- Hungry Shark Evolution (free) – Weresharks and zombie sharks in time for Halloween.
- CuriosityStream (free) – On-demand streaming service for award-winning documentaries. Maybe now you’ll get more of the jokes in Documentary Now.
- Fisp.io Spin of Fidget Spinner (free) – An odd mash-up of Beyblades and the now-defunct fidget spinner craze.
- Pantaya (free) – Spanish-language blockbusters, classics, comedy, action, rom-coms, and more all in one place. You can even watch select movies on their opening day in Mexico and Latin America.