Published on September 20th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner1
What’s new for Apple TV, September 20th, 2018
In this week’s new Apple TV apps the pigs are armed and fighting back against their robot oppressors. In addition, your Apple TV will now become a rally racetrack, a weather station, a quiz show and a timer for your tabata workout.
The updated apps are now better at helping you learn cursive, invoice your customers, find OTA programming, and more. We provide the links, you determine where to click.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Ammo Pigs: Armed and Delicious ($1.99) – A retro 2D platformer set in a future where man has been wiped out and robots have turned the Earth into a planetary slaughterhouse. Seems that pigs can’t get catch a break no matter who’s running the planet. At least now they’re armed.
- Best Rally TV ($2.99) – This Apple TV-exclusive racing game features 41 tracks and 9 cars, and can be played with your Siri Remote or an MFi gamepad.
- MWeather TV – Weather Forecast ($2.99) – A nice-looking weather that offers plenty of forecast details in a clear manner. Everything you need to plan for day or week, with weather data provided by DarkSky.
- Tabata Super Slim (free) – A “Tabata Interval timer for intensive fat-burning trainings!” I had to look up Tabata. It’s not for me. If it’s for you, this app will help you time your “all out effort” and rest rounds.
- Quiz Conquest ($3.99) – As you might have gleaned from the title, this is a quiz game. Play alone or against up to three other players.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Cursiva ($4.99) – Angry that your kids aren’t being taught cursive in school? Or kanji? Give them this app.
- Invoice & Time Tracking – Zoho (free) – Zoho’s invoicing and payment acceptance app has been updated to support Apple TV 4K.
- Over the Air TV Channel Guide ($1.99) – This clutter-free channel guide for over-the-air broadcast networks has been updated with new local listings.
- Classical Music Reimagined (free) – A fantastic app for those studying classical music or those who just appreciate it. “Stream stunning performances of classical music and, for the first time, interact with them on your television too. Discover the stunning BeatMap and NoteFall, note-by-note visualisations that reveal the secrets of the performance. Follow the score as it scrolls. Or simply listen to the beautiful, heart-lifting music. “
- FilmStruck (free) – Stream films from the vaults of TCM Select and the Criterion Collection, including everything from Hollywood classics to independent, foreign and cult cinema.