Published on March 4th, 2019 | by Kirk Hiner0
How to watch your UltraViolet movies on Apple TV, Part Two: Movies Anywhere
Last week, we reminded you that UltraViolet is shutting down on July 31st, 2019, and that you’ll need to connect your account to another retailer in order to maintain access to your digital movies and shows. You spent a lot of time entering all those UltraViolet codes, after all, and you certainly don’t want that content to disappear into the ether.
In our previous article we told you how to connect your UltraViolet account with Vudu. Today we’ll suggest you take that one step further with a Movies Anywhere account.
The main benefit of Movies Anywhere is that it connects many popular movie streaming apps and makes them available in one handy place. Vudu is great for watching Vudu content, but what about all your stuff from (specifically) iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, xfinity, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV, and FandangoNow? There’s no reason to shop in just place, after all, especially if you’re interested in taking advantage of deals specific to certain stores. Or, if you abandon one service for another, you can continue to grab the original service’s content in the same app where you access purchases from the new one.
So, that’s Movies Anywhere. And now that you’ve set up your Vudu account, you can use that to access all your UltraViolet movies here, too. Here’s what to do:
- Create an account at MoviesAnywere.com.
- Movies Anywhere will ask you which accounts you want to connect. To keep this tutorial moving, we’ll focus solely on UltraViolet, so click “connect” next to Vudu. (If you haven’t set up your Vudu account and connected with UltraViolet yet, instructions for that process can be found here.)
- Agree to allow Vudu to share your content with MoviesAnywhere.
- Follow the prompts to connect the accounts.
- If you’re currently logged into Vudu on your browser, you’ll now be connected. If not, you’ll need to enter your Vudu account credentials.
And there you have it. Your Vudu and UltraViolet account can now be seen in Movies Anywhere. To watch it on your Apple TV (along with supported content purchased through the other accounts you choose to connect), grab the Movies Anywhere app which is available as a free download in the App Store.
For more information on Movies Anywhere, visit moviesanywhere.com.