Published on September 29th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
AHL action now available on Apple TV
Hockey fans know there are many ways to access NHL games on Apple TV, but what if the local team (or just your random favorite) plays in the AHL? AHL Live used to be the way to go, but that’s now been replaced by the newly released AHLTV app for Apple TV.
The AHL (American Hockey League) serves as the developmental league for the NHL, with 31 teams (let’s all welcome the Eagles) playing 76 regular season games from October through April. Finding the games on TV can be hard, especially if you’re out of market, but a subscription to AHLTV can help.
Even better, it’s actually a pretty slick service with a diverse feature set. Subscribers will be able to:
- Watch on OTT devices
- Watch live or on demand
- View live stats
- View the ViPr panorama feed
- Create and access the “My AHLTV” highlight portal
- And choose home or away audio feeds for the broadcast
That last option is an instant favorite. All sports are more fun to watch when the broadcasts are allowed to be biased along with you.
AHLTV comes with multiple subscription levels that allow you to try it out with minimal investment.
All Access Packages:
- $79.99 – Full Season All-Access
- $19.99 – Monthly All-Access
- $6.99 – Daily All-Access (does not auto-renew, making it easy to catch just a single game)
- $59.99 – Full Season Single Team Pass
- $39.99 – Home or Away Single Team Pass
So, even if you’ve got season tickets there’s a package that’ll work for you.
Whether you’re new to the service or have been a subscriber to AHL Live, you’ll need to set up a new account and choose a plan at www.watchtheahl.com, then download the free app to watch on your Apple TV. The 2018-19 season opens Friday, October 5th, so now’s the time to check it out.