Published on January 6th, 2017 | by Kirk Hiner0
CES: D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD supports Apple HomeKit
Apple HomeKit and the Apple TV may not be taking CES by storm (more to come on that), but D-Link has given us something cool with their new Omna 180 Cam HD. The first of their HomeKit enabled devices, the Omna 180 Cam HD allows users to monitor their home while away.
With an elegant, modern design, the Omna 180 Cam HD offers a comprehensive 180-degree field of view to monitor an entire room and Full HD 1080p video quality for crystal clear surveillance. The HomeKit enabled camera includes advanced security features with end-to-end encryption and authentication between the camera and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Apple HomeKit technology also allows users to set up the 180 Cam HD within seconds, in just a few simple steps via the Apple Home app in iOS 10.1. Users can also get rich notifications on the lock screen of their iPhone or iPad via the Home app, showing a snapshot of what’s happening in their home when motion is detected. In addition, via HomeKit, the Omna 180 Cam HD can work seamlessly with other Homekit enabled devices including triggering scenes when motion is detected.
Via the app and an iOS device, users can keep track of what’s happening in other rooms of the house. Pair the technology with an Apple TV (4th generation or later) and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 10.1 or later, and the Omna will also help users ensure their home is safe while away.
- 180-Degree Field of View – Omna is derived from the Latin word “omnis” meaning all-encompassing.
- Dynamic Video Streaming – The video bitrate continuously adjusts to ensure optimal performance given the available bandwidth.
- Two-Way Audio – Listen and speak using the camera’s built-in microphone and speaker, so even when users are not at home they can still make their presence known.
- Night Vision – See up to 16 feet in complete darkness with infrared night vision.
- Local Recording – Record motion detection triggered video clips directly to a microSDXC card up to 128 GB. Offers more flexibility on recording video locally to the camera without impacting network or Internet bandwidth, all with no recurring monthly fees.
- Omna App – Advanced features are available on the free Omna companion app.
- Stylish Design – The camera is designed to fit effortlessly into the modern home with an elegant, discreet and stylish design.
- Motion Detection – Triggers alerts and automatic video clip recording.
The Omna 180 Cam HD will be available in Q1 2017. For more information, visit us.dlink.com.