Published on November 29th, 2018 | by Brad Gibson0
Plex adds TIDAL music service to Plex Pass
This deal brings Plex Pass subscribers 30-day free access to high-quality music tracks, 244,000+ videos, and unique editorial content. After that, subscribers can add Tidal for $9.99 per month USD ($8.99 for Plex Pass subscribers).
At launch, TIDAL’s entire music catalog will be available on Plex. Other features will include:
- Artist Recommendations: On the artist page, Plex will recommend other artists you might like that aren’t in your library.
- Filling in Missing Albums: Plex will show you any missing albums from artists in your library.
- Augmented Artist Radio: Enhances the Plex artist radio feature, which generates a mix from a specific artist, to include tracks from TIDAL.
- New Releases: New album release recommendations for artists in your library.
- Universal Playlists: Mix and match from your own library, shared libraries, and TIDAL.
- Universal Search: Hear about a new band? Our apps now return TIDAL results alongside matches from your library, for maximum convenience.
- Discovery Radio: Helps you discover new gems, from artists that are not in your library, based on the bands that are.
- Music Videos: Users will be able to enjoy TIDAL’s incredible 244,000+ music video collection across all of the Plex mobile and TV apps.
More details are available at this link.
The Plex Apple TV app has been available since 2010 and was updated in early September.