Published on February 11th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
Showtime app updated for Apple TV
If you’re watching Showtime programming with the company’s Showtime app, you’ll want to grab today’s update to v2.2.2. It only lists “minor bug fixes” in the update notes, but with a meager 2.5 user rating, any fix will be welcome.
If you’re not a Showtime subscriber, the app is a good way to try out the service. A free trial will give you access to the latest episodes of original programming such as Homeland, Twin Peaks, and Shameless, as well as full seasons of Dexter, Weeds, The L Word, and earlier shows from the cable network.
Of course, Showtime also have a large library of movies you can access. It’s also the network of choice for boxing fans, with programming such as Showtime Championship Boxing, ShoBox: The New Generation, and All Access: Mayweather McGregor.
It’s worth noting that this Showtime app is different from Showtime Anytime. The latter requires the user name and password of your TV provider in order to access the content. With this app, you can subscribe directly from within the app instead of going through a bundled service as DirecTV Now.
To try out Showtime:
- Download the Showtime app and set up your account for free.
- If you’re happy with it, you can just let your subscription kick in for $10.99/month via in-app purchase (payment will be charged to your iTunes Account. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period).
- If you’re not happy with it, make sure you cancel before the end of the free trial period or your iTunes account will be charged.
With your account you can watch the programming on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple TV, or on your Mac or Windows PC at www.showtime.com. The app will allow you to:
- Download full episodes and movies to your favorite mobile devices and watch them offline later.
- Watch what’s currently airing live on both SHOWTIME East and SHOWTIME West, and easily switch between channels.
- Resume watching on any device from where you left off.
- Organize and view your favorite programs with My List.
- Set viewer restrictions and closed captioning options.
For more information on Showtime and to check out their full list of programming, visit www.showtime.com.