Published on October 28th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
Stargazers can now look towards Night Sky 6 on Apple TV
Whether or not you’re an avid astronomer, Night Sky is one of the coolest apps available for iOS and watchOS. The award-winning app from iCandi Apps helps users find a specific celestial object or identify stars, planets, constellations, and satellites above by simply holding your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch to the night sky.
Version six for iOS and watchOS added features such as AR object exploration, Siri shortcuts, AR glass constellations with star depth, AR planetary portals and planetarium visits, and now Apple TV users get their own set of v6 updates with the release of Night Sky v6.1 for tvOS.
Along with the typical bug fixes and performance enhancements, Night Sky for Apple TV now includes:
- 3D Object Exploration – Pull celestial objects out of the sky. The Object Exploration screen creates a 3D object centre for you to explore in more detail.
- 3D Glass Constellations – Even more detailed glass constellation models. The 3D view enables you to see the depth and distance of the stars behind the object.
- 3D Satellite Models – Pull the ISS or any other satellite out of the sky with a click of the remote and view a highly detailed model of it in 3D!
- Trajectories – Planet, sun, moon, and satellite trajectories are displayed when an object is tapped in Sky View.
- HIP Catalog – Many more stars are now labeled in Sky View and during Tours!
- High-Resolution Place Naming
- Quicker load times and smoother tour performance
Night Sky for Apple TV is available for free in the App Store, and a premium version with enhanced functionality is available via subscription ($1.99/month or $9.99/year). Your subscription gets you access to the app across tvOS, iOS and watchOS. For more information, visit iCandyApps.com.