Published on February 7th, 2019 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, February 7th, 2019
A handful of new streaming media apps highlight this week’s new Apple TV apps roundup, especially if you’re into indie programming, reggae music, or live sporting events. We’ve also got some feature-rich updates for games and health apps you should be checking out. And hey, you can do so immediately below.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Vuuzle TV (free) – Access 100+ live HD TV channels with high-quality video episodes or listen to dozens of commercial-free radio from your Apple TV.
- Urban Broadcasting Network (free) – A unification of indie broadcasters from all over the world. “Our job together is to create programming, choose the best time slot for that vision and then together promote it to our viewers through planned events, social media marketing, and unified channel marketing, as the Nationals do.”
- Surf Roots TV (free) – All of the music of a 24-hour reggae party without the usual drawbacks of being at a 24-hour reggae party. Reggae music videos, live performances, festivals, interviews, and culture.
- Legends Basketball Academy (free) – Instructional basketball videos featuring lessons from Dennis Rodman, Dominique Wilkins, Robert Horry, and Mo Speights. Check out our full coverage for details.
- VIVE: 4K TV (free) – UHD+HDR entertainment streams with a focus on live events such as boxing, MMA, and concerts.
- Little Baby Bum (free) – Nursery rhymes set to 3D animations in HD.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Hoopla (free) – If you’ve got a library card, a web browser, and a smartphone or tablet you can get access to hundreds of thousands of movies, full music albums, audiobooks, and more.
- Shadowgun Legends (free) – Updates for this RPG shooting game from Madfinger Games are always worth a look. This time around players get the capture the flag PvP mode, full co-op missions, new emotes and legendary weapons, and plenty more.
- Pine – Deep Breathing (free) – Two of the five breathing exercises are now available for free. Check out our full coverage for details.
- Bleacher Report Live (free) – Tell this Apple TV app the leagues and teams you love and it’ll tell you where and how to watch them live. The update brings an improved user interface, UEFA scoring changes, NBA LP changes, and general bug fixes.