Published on January 17th, 2019 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, January 17th, 2019
We’ve got a diverse collection of new Apple TV apps, ranging from breathing exercises to the arts to some rather fascinating sonic soundscape recordings. Our Apple TV update highlights come from DC Comics, Motortrend, and your local dentist office.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Pine Breathing ($4.99) – Choose between five breathing exercises to help you through your day: Relax, Simple, Energize, Box Breathing, and Sleep. Check out our full coverage for details.
- STIRR TV (free) – Live and on-demand video service blending local and national sources, including content from 20 different partner channels. We covered it here.
- Big Text – Display Your Text ($0.99) – Type in some text, then display it. Big. Useful if using your Apple TV in a store, office or show booth.
- ALL ARTS (free) – “It’s all music. All visual. All film. All dance. All theater. All words. All for you.” Full episodes of programs that showcase all forms of art.
- Sonic Journeys (free) – A rather fascinating collection of soundscape work from around the world (but mostly by Richard Lerman). Includes content such as the sounds of ice melting at the Arctic Circle, barbed wire at Auschwitz/Manzanar, ant/wasp nests in the Sonoran Desert, and more.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- DC Universe (free) – The subscription-based service for all things DC has been updated to allow viewers to resume their last comic/video directly from the home screen, and to skip intros/recaps on videos. In the case of Titans, does it allow us to skip the whole show?
- Zova (free) – An Apple Design Award winning fitness app. Weekly programs, courses, tips, a workout and stretch library, and plenty more to keep your 2019 fitness goals on track.
- Motortrend (free) – Access to hit series, new shows, and live car events you can’t access anywhere else. Updated for Barrett-Jackson and the “action-packed week in Scottsdale.”
- Patient Education (free) – A collection of dental health news and videos that can be customized with your practice’s logo.
- Magical Fireplace HD ($0.99) – Seems like there’s not a week goes by that we’re not telling you about an update to one of Richard Foster’s high-def Apple TV screensavers.