Published on March 14th, 2019 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, March 14th, 2019
It’s National Pi Day, so why not learn about the guy who developed a method for approximating it? We’ve also got new Apple TV apps to help fishermen learn some new skills and to provide workouts for patients with Parkinson’s disease.
Plenty of good updates, too, especially if you’re ready to play some party games.
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Tyler’s Reel Fishing (free) – “Just an average dude trying to make his mark in the fishing world!” Good luck, Tyler!
- Epic Makes Misses & Mayhem (free) – A channel dedicated to the craziest stunts in freestyle motocross, BMX, skate, scooter, BASE jumping, skydiving, and more. I’d tell you to not try this stuff at home, but someone has to, right? Otherwise, there’d be no channel.
- Great Thinkers: Archimedes ($1.99) – It’s National Pi Day. Celebrate by learning about the guy who developed a method for approximating it.
- Daily Dose PD (free) – High-intensity training, yoga, Tai Chi, balance training and vocal training for patients with Parkinson’s disease. New workouts are posted weekly.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- VLC for Mobile (free) – One of the best media players for your Mac is also one of the best for your Apple TV. Now supports SMB 2 and AV1 video playback by shipping dav1d decoder.
- Imperson8 – Family Party Game (free) – Try to guess the person based on clues provided by the other players. A new sports category is now available for purchase.
- Truth or Dare (free) – The game you all know and fear, except now the truths and dares are being provided by your Apple TV. Multiple game modes make it age appropriate.
- Just Dance Now (free) – New songs have been added from Just Dance 2019, and we’re told: “Celebrate Carnival with new exclusive songs and a dedicated playlist.” Someone who’s not an “old” will have to tell me what that is.
- Tubi – Watch Movies & TV Shows (free) – This totally free (but ad-supported) streaming app has been updated with new content for you to enjoy.
- NextWeather (free) – Detailed weather forecast and real-time weather conditions “for all cities around the world.”