Published on September 13th, 2018 | by Kirk Hiner0
What’s new for Apple TV, September 13th, 2018
This week’s new and updated Apple TV apps help you get free movies with your library card, provide some rest and relaxation, and prepare you for the NHL preseason opener at 2:30 am EDT this Saturday.
You can also track your stocks, practice some yoga, and actually learn the proper words to those songs you’ve been singing incorrectly to your baby. Read (and click) on!
Prices provided below are accurate at press time. Free downloads are for the app only and may require a subscription or in-app purchases for full functionality.
New Apple TV Apps:
- Xploration Station (free) – It makes learning cool, you see, because it begins with an X. This science-based education network features shows such as Xploration Outer Space, Nature Knows Best and Xploration Awesome Planet with Join Philippe Cousteau, and they’re now all available to subscribers on Apple TV.
- CVJM Lörrach Basketball (free) – It’s not like the U.S. is the only country with a basketball league, you know.
- Living Landscapes 4K ($4.99) – Relaxing loops of nature scenes that “transform any screen into a window to the wonders of nature.” They do look quite peaceful.
Updated Apple TV Apps:
- Super Stocks with Options (free) – Track your portfolio and get real-time, comprehensive alerts. The options are many, but they aren’t free.
- Sony Music for Babies (free) – In case you have trouble remembering the lyrics to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Find What Feels Good (free) – You’ll find it in this subscription-based yoga video app. The update provides a new interface and video enhancements.
- Brotherhood of Violence Lite (free) – He ain’t heavy, he’s my Brother…hood of Violence Lite. There aren’t many arcade brawlers available on Apple TV, but you can try this one for free before grabbing the full version.
- Trials Frontier (free) – This mobile entry in Ubisoft’s Trials racing series has been updated for a smoother ride and some new tracks and paint jobs.
- NHL (free) – Believe it or not, the NHL preseason opens in two days…from Shenzhen, China! This update brings the official app into “first line shape.” (Their wording, not mine.)
- Kanopy (free) – Find and stream meaningful films. Also features children’s content via Kanopy Kids. Totally free, you just need your library card.